Class R 1 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Class R1
Teachers: Mrs Knott and Mrs Park
Teaching Assistant: Mr Lane
Welcome to the Reception and Year One Class Webpage.
This half term our theme is Jouneys and Exploration! We will be developing our reading and writing skills through the captivating books Naughty Bus by Jan Oke and Astro Girl Ken Wilson-Max amongst others.
Listen to the story of the Naughty Bus here
To deliver the content of the Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework, giving children a secure foundation and enabling them together to 'love, learn and follow Jesus'.
Learning takes place through a balance of child initiated play and adult led learning, including:
- The direct teaching of reading, writing and maths everyday
- Daily opportunities for children to practise and consolidate their growing knowledge through high quality provision that promotes child- initiated learning
For our pupils to become:
- Unique individuals who form positive relationships with adults and peers
- Independent, curious learners who explore and ask meaningful questions
- Confident learners who are ready for the next stage in their learning journey
Files to Download
Class R 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display